If you know me or of me, you will know I like beer. Over the last few years I have been collecting photos of every new beer I have.
I now have over 2,000 individual beers photographed and have realised that many beers that I assumed I have photos of, I haven't.

This blog will be therefore be an account of my quest for new beers to photo and how I enjoyed them (or not).
My email is ralphgant@sky.com.

Thursday 1 December 2011

Yeast Extract

You may not think that yeast extract has anything to do with beer, well you would be wrong. Yeast extract is made from a by-product of beer production, have you guessed yet, yes it's yeast. Many people love yeast extract, just as many do not, I am with those that do.

Marmite is the big name in yeast extract, but there are many others and for years now I have favoured Tesco's own brand yeast extract over Marmite (although they are all probably made by the same people). During our weekend away though, I discovered Sainsbury's reduced salt yeast extract and like it just as much as Tesco's, so I will probably be changing my allegiance to Sainsbury's.

Yeast Extract

For those of you thinking, why hasn't he mentioned Vegemite, well the answerer to that is simple, I do not like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment