If you know me or of me, you will know I like beer. Over the last few years I have been collecting photos of every new beer I have.
I now have over 2,000 individual beers photographed and have realised that many beers that I assumed I have photos of, I haven't.

This blog will be therefore be an account of my quest for new beers to photo and how I enjoyed them (or not).
My email is ralphgant@sky.com.

Thursday 23 February 2012

Leffe v Grimbergen

Leffe v Grimbergen

Leffe v Grimbergen

We usually have some Leffe in the house and when I found some of my other favorite Belgium beer, Grimbergen local for £0.69 ($1.00), I bought it all and thought we would do a direct comparison.

Well it was a rather pointless exercise, as I love them both but we did discover that Dot prefers the Leffe and I got some nice photos out of the exercise.  Both beers do taste very similar, although the Leffe is probably the slightly sweeter of the two.

Grimbergen, Blond from Belgium

Grimbergen, Blond, Belgium   Grimbergen, Blond, Belgium

6.7%, golden colour with a thin head, sweet fruity aroma and fruity yeasty malty taste, a really nice abbey beer.

Other beers from Grimbergen

Leffe, Blond from Belgium

Leffe, Blond, Belgium   Leffe, Blond, Belgium

6.6% deep gold colour with a thin head, sweet malt and bubblegum aroma, sweet strong bubbly malt taste and a slightly bitter aftertaste.

Other beers from Leffe 

2 comments:

  1. I wish Leffe Triple was widely available in the UK - its mellower and subtly richer. I prefer it to most premium Belgian Abbey Beers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree completely, I am a loyal Leffe drinker and I came to this post looking for expert's differences, because I can't myself point them out. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete