If you know me or of me, you will know I like beer. Over the last few years I have been collecting photos of every new beer I have.
I now have over 2,000 individual beers photographed and have realised that many beers that I assumed I have photos of, I haven't.

This blog will be therefore be an account of my quest for new beers to photo and how I enjoyed them (or not).
My email is ralphgant@sky.com.

Sunday 21 October 2012

Saltaire Beers

When Titus Salt built Saltaire (the famous model village, now a World Heritage site) in 1853, it did not even include a pub, now it has a brewery named after it.  After our visit to Saltaire and buying some new Saltaire beers, I thought I needed to review them all together.

These are the Saltaire beers I have had so far.
 
Saltaire, Blonde from England


 4.0% gold colour with a thin head, nice fruity aroma, and a good citrus hop taste not a bad beer.

Saltaire, Strawberry Republika from England.

Saltaire, Strawberry Republika, England.

4.1% gold colour with a thin head, slight strawberry aroma, taste is more like apricot and not so much strawberry, it is not nice at all, I can see how some would like it but defiantly not me, never again. If you are wondering why I bought it, the price was good and I did not read the label.

Saltaire, Cascade Pale Ale from England


4,8% gold colour with a thin head, citrus hop aroma slightly sweet but dry grapefruit citrus hop taste, nice refreshing beer.

Saltaire, Crystal Red from England.

Saltaire, Crystal Red, England.

4.4% amber colour with a good head, toffee malt aroma and a nice caramel toffee taste.

Saltaire, Triple Chocoholic from England


4.8% black with a nice head, roast malt and chocolate aroma, the taste is bitter chocolate.

Saltaire, Raspberry Blonde from England


4.0% gold colour (not red or pink) with a nice head, red berries maybe raspberry aroma, some raspberry flavour in the taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment