If you know me or of me, you will know I like beer. Over the last few years I have been collecting photos of every new beer I have.
I now have over 2,000 individual beers photographed and have realised that many beers that I assumed I have photos of, I haven't.

This blog will be therefore be an account of my quest for new beers to photo and how I enjoyed them (or not).
My email is ralphgant@sky.com.

Tuesday 1 January 2013

Christmas beer, the rest of this years

After the three Christmas beers I reviewed on the 10th, I only managed to sample another four festive beers during December.  Again I was not very impressed by most of them.  I will start with the one I thought was the best of the seven.

Hook Norton, Twelve Days from England


5.5% deep ruby red colour with a thin head, fruity aroma, complex fruity warming taste, it tasted more like I would expect from a Christmas beer, a nice winter beer.

Banks & Taylor (B&T), Santa's Slayer from England

Banks & Taylor (B&T), Santa's Slayer, England

4.0% gold colour with a good head, sweet aroma, bitter creasort taste, I think I should have taken it back but it is not the first time I have tasted beer like that. My brother is convinced that the pub chain where I was drinking do not know how to keep beer.

Arkell's, Noel Ale from England

Arkell's, Noel Ale, England

5.0% almost black colour with a good head, malty aroma, bitter fruity taste, not a bad beer but not quite festive enough for me, also I got it from the same place as the last beer and it was very drinkable.

Harviestoun, Mr Sno’balls from Scotland


4.5% amber colour with a thin head, sweet floral aroma, roast malt and citrus hop taste, again not a bad beer but not very festive. Harviestoun is a Scottish brewer that I like.

No comments:

Post a Comment