If you know me or of me, you will know I like beer. Over the last few years I have been collecting photos of every new beer I have.
I now have over 2,000 individual beers photographed and have realised that many beers that I assumed I have photos of, I haven't.

This blog will be therefore be an account of my quest for new beers to photo and how I enjoyed them (or not).
My email is ralphgant@sky.com.

Tuesday 23 July 2013

Another day out in Leyburn

For the last few weeks I have been getting pains in my left leg, after about three weeks of it getting worse, I visited the Doctor. This wasn't that easy, it took about four days to get in to see him and he diagnosed sciatica, probably caused by a worn disk in my back. So as well as my normal pain killers for my knees, he gave me some more pills and said to come back in three weeks if it did not improve.

After a week it was much worse, so I phoned for another appointment only to be informed that my doctor was full up today and then on holiday the next week. I asked for a phone appointment and was told he had none available but they would pass on a message to the doctor.

To the Doctor's credit, he phoned me that afternoon and prescribed me different pain killers and upped the dose of the other tablets. None of this seems to work though and it is progressively getting worse, I am having great difficulty sitting, I and waiting to see the doctor again soon.

However if I walk it relieves the pain and if I can combine the walking with beer hunting, all the better. This is the real reason we went to Ripon for a walk the previous week.

This week it was Leyburn and the hot spell we are having was a bonus. We walked along Leyburn Shawl for about and hour and then turned back to town.

Wensleydale

We looked around the shops, had a cup of tea and I looked in the shop where I usually get a few beers but unfortunately this time I bought none. It wasn't that they didn't have any new beers, they did but they were just too expensive and I am not willing to pay over the odds for beer at tourist prices.

Disillusioned, we walked back up onto the Shawl for our picnic overlooking Wensleydale, what a wonderful view.

Wensleydale

No comments:

Post a Comment