If you know me or of me, you will know I like beer. Over the last few years I have been collecting photos of every new beer I have.
I now have over 2,000 individual beers photographed and have realised that many beers that I assumed I have photos of, I haven't.

This blog will be therefore be an account of my quest for new beers to photo and how I enjoyed them (or not).
My email is ralphgant@sky.com.

Thursday 24 October 2013

Cornwall Trip, the Bottle Beers

This has taken longer than the draught beers from the trip, because as well as being unwell, I had not finished the bottles until recently. Some of these bottles I also had in the draught form but I will include them anyway.

The Draught beers can be found here.

St. Austell, Proper Job


5.5% deep gold colour with a good head, sweet subtle lemon hop aroma, dry bitter citrus hop taste.

Skinner's, Corish Blonde


5.0% gold colour with a thin head, caramel aroma, fruity refreshing citrus hop taste, it says wheat beer on the label but it was more like a blonde.

Skinner's, St Piran's Ale


4.5% gold colour with a thin head, citrus aroma, malt and citrus hop taste.

St. Austell, Korev


4.8% gold colour with a thin head, a very nice lager

Lizard, Frenchmans Creek


4.8% deep gold colour with a good head, citrus hop aroma, grapefruit hop taste.

Lizard, An Gof


5.2% amber colour with a good head, caramel aroma, slightly bitter treacle toffee taste.

Wooden Hand, Black Pearl


4.5% black with a thin head, roast malt aroma, mild roast malt taste.

Wooden Hand, Cornish Gribben


4.1% gold colour with a good head, fruity caramel aroma and taste, it was a bit flat.

Wooden Hand, Cornish Buccaneer


4.3% gold with a thin head, citrus hop aroma and taste, not the best beer.

Wooden Hand, Cornish Mutiny


4.8% amber colour with a thin head, chocolate aroma, slightly sweet fruity taste although it is a bit thin.

Sharp's, Chalkys Bark


4.5% deep gold colour with a good head, floral and ginger aroma, complex citrus and ginger taste.

Sharp's, Chalkys Bite


6.8% gold colour with a thin head, melon and apple aroma, not unlike Duvel in taste.

The Cornwall Trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment