If you know me or of me, you will know I like beer. Over the last few years I have been collecting photos of every new beer I have.
I now have over 2,000 individual beers photographed and have realised that many beers that I assumed I have photos of, I haven't.

This blog will be therefore be an account of my quest for new beers to photo and how I enjoyed them (or not).
My email is ralphgant@sky.com.

Wednesday 30 October 2013

The Sun Inn, Beamish

Visited Beamish again today with the girls (Beamish is the open are museum of the north), it is half term and we have a pass for the year, we had our picnic with us as usual.

After lunch, while the girls went to the small fair ground with it's steam driven Merry-go-round, I popped into the Sun Inn to see if they had any new beers.


The Sun Inn, was moved to Beamish from Bishop Auckland and inside it is set in 1913. Most of the beers sold there are now brewed locally at the stables brewery at Beamish Hall.


Well there were two new beers but I was driving so only sampled one of them.

Stables, Mahogany Drift Bitter from England

Stables, Mahogany Drift Bitter, England

3.8% amber colour with a good head, malt and hop aroma and a good bitter taste. One criticism though, the newly designed pump clips do not fit in with the rest of the pub.

The other new beer was

Stables, Beamish Gold from England

Stables, Beamish Gold, England

A 4.8% golden bitter, I will have to try this one next time, well now I have an excuse to go back.

No comments:

Post a Comment