If you know me or of me, you will know I like beer. Over the last few years I have been collecting photos of every new beer I have.
I now have over 2,000 individual beers photographed and have realised that many beers that I assumed I have photos of, I haven't.

This blog will be therefore be an account of my quest for new beers to photo and how I enjoyed them (or not).
My email is ralphgant@sky.com.

Tuesday 8 July 2014

Starting Again

(This is sounding repetitive, so I wont, here are some of the beers I have had over the last couple of weeks.)

Well that is what I wrote a few months ago, here I really hope to get started again.

So here are some of the new beers I had last week.

Affligem, Affligem Triple from Belgium

Affligem, Affligem Triple, Belgium Affligem, Affligem Triple, Belgium

9.5% deep gold with a nice head, nice strong beer aroma, yeasty alcohol taste, no a beer for drinking quickly but it was quite nice.

Because I did the one Affligem, I though I would do the rest of those I have had up to now.

Affligem, Affligem Dubbel from Belgium

Affligem, Affligem Dubbel, Belgium Affligem, Affligem Dubbel, Belgium

7.0% hazy dark brown colour with a good head, fruity aroma, smooth dry slightly sweet fruity taste, another good one.

Affligem, Affligem Blond from Belgium

Affligem, Blond, Belgium Affligem, Blond, Belgium

6.8% abbey blond, gold colour with a good head, hop aroma, although the commercial description says "low on bitterness" I found it to be bitter with a hoppy taste, still very good.

Affligem, Affligem Rouge from Belgium

Affligem, Affligem Rouge, Belgium

6.7% red colour with a thin head, red bury aroma, fizzy sweet strawberry / raspberry taste, not bad for a fruit beer but I do not like them, bought it by accident. How do you rate a type of beer you do not like? It was good I suppose and the others liked it.

Well I suppose that will do for a comeback, I promise I will be back very soon indeed and nothing like the time it took before.

No comments:

Post a Comment