If you know me or of me, you will know I like beer. Over the last few years I have been collecting photos of every new beer I have.
I now have over 2,000 individual beers photographed and have realised that many beers that I assumed I have photos of, I haven't.

This blog will be therefore be an account of my quest for new beers to photo and how I enjoyed them (or not).
My email is ralphgant@sky.com.

Wednesday 27 May 2015

Sunday at the Beer Festival

On Sunday Dot, Ralph and myself popped into the Fish for part of the Beer Festival, day three I think. We left Amber with my Mam for a while, although Dot did go back for her and take her to the swings for a play.

The Fish is under new management since the last Beer Festival but the new people were just as good as the last, well done. I had had a few of the beers before but there were plenty I had not had before.

Consett Ale Works. Steel Town from England

Consett Ale Works. Steel Town, England

3.8% amber colour with a good head, fruity malt aroma, some toffee in the taste.

Consett Ale Works. Red Dust from England

Consett Ale Works. Red Dust, England

4.5% red colour with a good head, sweet aroma and a slightly sweet but nice taste.

Wylam, Angel from England

Wylam, Angel, England

4.3% pale amber with a good head, caramel malt aroma, tart caramel malt taste. I had, had the bottle before but not the draught.

Jarrow, Red Ellen from England

Jarrow, Red Ellen, England

4.4% almost black in colour with a good head, not much aroma with a bitter sweet taste.

Tyne Bank, Northern Porter from England

Tyne Bank, Northern Porter, England

4.5% black in colour with a good head, slightly smokey aroma, sweet stout taste.

Truefitt, Viva Karenka from England

Truefitt, Viva Karenka, England

5.5% I had had all the others by now and I do not remember this one will have to try it again, Aitor Karanka is the Boro manager. Its a shame that Boro didn't make it, better luck next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment