If you know me or of me, you will know I like beer. Over the last few years I have been collecting photos of every new beer I have.
I now have over 2,000 individual beers photographed and have realised that many beers that I assumed I have photos of, I haven't.

This blog will be therefore be an account of my quest for new beers to photo and how I enjoyed them (or not).
My email is ralphgant@sky.com.

Friday 20 January 2017

Third week in 2017

Here are the beers I had over the third week in 2017 not all new but one that I haven't had since 2008 and its in a new bottle. The other two have names that have been used before, although they are new beers. So I will do something new and show the other, original beers as well

Marston's, Old Empire IPA from England

Marston's, Old Empire IPA, England Marston's, Old Empire IPA, England

5.7%, pale amber colour with a nice head, fruit aroma, taste is fruity, hoppy and bitter, not too bad. The old photos from 2008 are here.

Marston's, Old Empire, England Marston's, Old Empire, England

Shepherd Neame, Spitfire Gold from England

Shepherd Neame, Spitfire Gold, England Shepherd Neame, Spitfire Gold, England

4.3% deep gold in colour with a poor head, hop aroma but the taste was ok as the hops were not that bad. The original one is below.

Shepherd Neame, Spitfire from England

Shepherd Neame, Spitfire, England Shepherd Neame, Spitfire, England

4.5% amber colour with a nice head, hops and malt aroma, malt, hop and fruity flavour, a very smooth refreshing drink, another one I like.

Brains, The Rev James Rye from Wales

Brains, The Rev James Rye, Wales Brains, The Rev James Rye, Wales

4.3% amber in colour with a nice head, hop aroma, malty taste with some hops but not too bad. The original one is below.

Brains, The Rev James from Wales

Brains, The Rev James, Wales Brains, The Rev James, Wales

4.5% deep amber colour with a good head, sweet malty aroma, malty taste with some fruitiness, I though it was an average cask beer but this bottle was good.

No comments:

Post a Comment