If you know me or of me, you will know I like beer. Over the last few years I have been collecting photos of every new beer I have.
I now have over 2,000 individual beers photographed and have realised that many beers that I assumed I have photos of, I haven't.

This blog will be therefore be an account of my quest for new beers to photo and how I enjoyed them (or not).
My email is ralphgant@sky.com.

Tuesday 20 March 2012

Missing Night

Here is the review from the Saturday before the week we had in Scotland (still have to do the beers from that trip) and the day before my birthday. As usual we where at Jon and Lorraine's for beer tasting and a tasty supper, it's about time is was our turn.

First we had, Phoenix Beverages Group, Blue Marlin from Mauritius

Phoenix Beverages Group, Blue Marlin, Mauritius

6.0% gold colour with a thin head, very little aroma, sweet malt taste with a bitter aftertaste, my first beer from Mauritius and it was quite nice.

Next was one I picked up in a good beer shop in Ripon, United Lager, no idea who made it or where it came from, it is not the United Lager that I can find on the net.

United Lager

3.0% pale yellow colour with no head, no aroma, sweet watery nonediscript taste, the best I can say is that it was very cheap though.

Wadworth, Malt & Hops form England, was a big improvement on the last one.

Wadworth, Malt & Hops, England

4.5% amber colour with a thin head, malt and hops aroma, zesty cirus caramel and mixed fruits taste, very nice but I suppose anything would have been better than the last beer.

I had high expectations of this next beer, Wychwood, King Goblin from England, hoping it would be as good as their Hobgoblin.

Wychwood, King Goblin, England

6.6% deep amber with a nice head, burnt malt aroma, very complex bitter taste (that means that I do not have the ability to describe it), anyway I was not disappointed, it was very nice beer.

The last new beer of the night, Fuller's, Mighty Atom from England, was yet another of those new lower alcohol beers.

Fuller's, Mighty Atom, England

2.8% amber colour with a thin head, hop aroma, citrus hop taste, not bad for what it is.

To finish the nigh, we had an old favourite Grimbergen, Double from Belgium, we have the blonde quite often but the double was a treat.

Grimbergen, Double, Belgium

6.5% very deep amber/red colour with a good head, sweet caramely malt aroma, sweet malty fruity taste with a slight bitterness, very tasty and warming.

No comments:

Post a Comment