If you know me or of me, you will know I like beer. Over the last few years I have been collecting photos of every new beer I have.
I now have over 2,000 individual beers photographed and have realised that many beers that I assumed I have photos of, I haven't.

This blog will be therefore be an account of my quest for new beers to photo and how I enjoyed them (or not).
My email is ralphgant@sky.com.

Thursday 10 January 2013

Seruptishous beer shopping

We had a drive out yesterday, we needed to start doing some walking again but the weather has been so wet for the last few months, everywhere is waterlogged.

So after dropping the twins at school, we drove to Northallerton and had our walk around the town centre there. It was market day and was busy but not as busy as usual (after Christmas lull maybe), I had a look in Lewis & Cooper, where I often find new beers but although they had a couple I had not seen before, I thought they were overpriced and gave then a miss. I did however get a bacon sandwich and cup of tea from Greggs for my breakfast, very nice.

Next we drove on to Ripon via Thirsk and had another walk around the town centre there. There are a couple of good beer shops in Ripon but again one of them is a bit overpriced. I bought a Belgian beer in the cheaper of them for about half the price the other one was asking but I did get only my second beer from New Zealand at a reasonable price in more expensive one.

In Sainsbury's in Northallerton Dot had seen a quilt cover she fancied but didn't get, so we looked in Sainsbury's in Ripon. Not only did Dot get what she wanted, I also got another new beer in there.

Reviews will follow as soon as I drink them, although I do have a backlog to get through first.

No comments:

Post a Comment