If you know me or of me, you will know I like beer. Over the last few years I have been collecting photos of every new beer I have.
I now have over 2,000 individual beers photographed and have realised that many beers that I assumed I have photos of, I haven't.

This blog will be therefore be an account of my quest for new beers to photo and how I enjoyed them (or not).
My email is ralphgant@sky.com.

Tuesday 23 July 2013

Beer hunting in Ripon, again.

We had a day out in Ripon again last week, nothing to do with there being two good beer shops there, we just went for a day out walking with a picnic.

But there are two very good beer shops there and I had to have a look, just in passing you understand.  The two shops in question I have mentioned before in earlier posts, Drinkswell (they haves a very good selection of beers but it is a bit pricey) and Rhythm and Booze (have a good selection but with plenty of offers).

However, I discovered a large Booths supermarket behind the main street, that I had forgotten all about, we use Booths when we are in Keswick and I knew that they usually have a good beer selection.  So I had a look in there, while Dot was clothes shopping. 

Now I know there are three very good beer shops in Ripon and Boothe is probably the best of them, a very wide selection at very reasonable prices.  I bought about ten new beers in Boothe and still managed to pick up another three new beers in Rhythm and Booze, as I took the previous lot back to the car.

It was a nice warm sunny day, we had a very nice walk and had our picnic by the canal, all in all, a very good day out.

Ripon

No comments:

Post a Comment