If you know me or of me, you will know I like beer. Over the last few years I have been collecting photos of every new beer I have.
I now have over 2,000 individual beers photographed and have realised that many beers that I assumed I have photos of, I haven't.

This blog will be therefore be an account of my quest for new beers to photo and how I enjoyed them (or not).
My email is ralphgant@sky.com.

Saturday 12 October 2013

Cornwall Trip, the Draught Beers

This has taken some time to do but I have been unwell. These are the beers so far, as I have not yet finished all of the bottles I bought. In fact I will do the bottles in a separate blog.

Cotleigh, Owlzatt, England

Cotleigh, Owlzatt, England

4.4% amber colour with a thin head, caramel aroma, slight caramel taste.

Frys, Ruby Chough, England

Frys, Ruby Chough, England

4.5% deep red colour with a thin head, malty aroma, smooth caramel tasting bitter.

St. Austell, HSD (Hicks Special Draught), England

St. Austell, HSD (Hicks Special Draught), England

5.0% deep amber colour with a good head, fruity aroma and a bitter caramel taste.

St. Austell, Proper Job, England

St. Austell, Proper Job, England

4.5% deep gold colour with a good head, sweet subtle lemon hop aroma, smooth dry bitter citrus hop taste.

Tintagel, Arthur’s Ale, England

Tintagel, Arthur’s Ale, England

4.4% amber colour with a good head, malt and hop aroma, bitter hoppy taste.

St. Austell, Dartmoor Best, England

St. Austell, Dartmoor Best, England

3.5% amber colour with a good head, malt aroma, bitter malt taste.

St. Austell, Trelawny, England

St. Austell, Trelawny, England

3.8% amber colour with a good head, not much aroma but a nice traditional bitter taste.

Sharp's, Doom Bar, England

Sharp's, Doom Bar, England

4.0%, deep gold with a good head, malty aroma, good caramel malt taste, not bad

St. Austell, Tribute, England

St. Austell, Tribute, England

4.2% amber colour with a good head, malty hoppy aroma, fruity flavour, a nice bitter.

Otter, Otter Ale, England

Otter, Otter Ale, England

4.5% deep amber colour with a thin head, rich malt aroma, bitter caramel taste.

The Cornwall Trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment