If you know me or of me, you will know I like beer. Over the last few years I have been collecting photos of every new beer I have.
I now have over 2,000 individual beers photographed and have realised that many beers that I assumed I have photos of, I haven't.

This blog will be therefore be an account of my quest for new beers to photo and how I enjoyed them (or not).
My email is ralphgant@sky.com.

Monday 5 January 2015

Christmas Beers 2014

Didn't have many new Christmas Beers this year but did manage a few, so here they all are, unless there are some on the other camera, which I should have back soon.

Jennings, Red Breast from England

Jennings, Red Breast, England Jennings, Red Breast, England

4.5% red in colour with a thin head, not much aroma, not a bad taste but not for Christmas.

St Austell (Nicholson's), Saint Nich's from England

St Austell (Nicholson's), Saint Nich's, England

4.5% looks like Strongarm, dark amber with a good white head, it had a Christmassy smell and a bitter dry Christmassy taste.

Hardys & Hansons, Rocking Rudolph from England

Hardys & Hansons, Rocking Rudolph, England Hardys & Hansons, Rocking Rudolph, England

4.2% deep amber in colour but with a poor head, a malty aroma and a little bit of a Christmas taste, ok but that's it.

Direct Beers, Yule Log from England

Direct Beers, Yule Log, England Direct Beers, Yule Log, England

5.0% dark brown colour with a nice head, fruity aroma and a nice Christmas taste, not bad for the last one, even if the label is a bit dodgy.

No comments:

Post a Comment