If you know me or of me, you will know I like beer. Over the last few years I have been collecting photos of every new beer I have.
I now have over 2,000 individual beers photographed and have realised that many beers that I assumed I have photos of, I haven't.

This blog will be therefore be an account of my quest for new beers to photo and how I enjoyed them (or not).
My email is ralphgant@sky.com.

Tuesday 20 October 2015

Guinness

The Guinness brewery has started making even more beers and while drinking some, I realised that I had never covered any of the Guinness beers at all on here. So here goes but remember, that I do not like the original Guinness Stout at all. By the way all Guinness beers are down as being brewed by St. James’s Gate (Diageo) brewery.

St. James’s Gate (Diageo), Guinness from Ireland

Guinness in old bottle Guinness, Draught, Ireland

4.1% black in colour with a good white head, roasted malt aroma and a bitter stout taste, I have tasted some better than this.

St. James’s Gate (Diageo), Guinness Foreign Export from Ireland

Week 26 - An52 Beers, Guinness, Guinness Foreign Export, Ireland

7.5% very dark with a thin but lasting brown head, slightly sweet Guinness aroma, bitter sweet roasted liquorish taste, better than ordinary Guinness. As I said, I am not a fan of the stout but this was very drinkable.

St. James’s Gate (Diageo), Guinness West Indies Porter from Ireland

St. James’s Gate (Diageo), Guinness West Indies Porter, Ireland St. James’s Gate (Diageo), Guinness West Indies Porter, Ireland

6.0% black in colour with a good head, a very good aroma and taste, although it is still a stout.

St. James’s Gate (Diageo), Guinness Dublin Porter from Ireland

St. James’s Gate (Diageo), Guinness Dublin Porter, Ireland St. James’s Gate (Diageo), Guinness Dublin Porter, Ireland

3.8% black in colour with a nice brown head, sweet malt aroma and a slightly week roast malt taste.

St. James’s Gate (Diageo), Guinness Golden Ale from Ireland

St. James’s Gate (Diageo), Guinness Golden Ale, Ireland St. James’s Gate (Diageo), Guinness Golden Ale, Ireland

4.5% deep gold with a poor head, hop and malt aroma with slightly sweet not too hoppy taste, not bad at all.

St. James’s Gate (Diageo), Kilkenny, Ireland

Guinness, Kilkenny, Ireland

4.3% amber colour with a good head, (Irish Ale) smelled and tasted like an ordinary bitter, witch isn't that bad.

St. James’s Gate (Diageo), Kaliber, Ireland

St. James’s Gate (Diageo), Kaliber, Ireland

0.05% The first alcohol free beer (low alcohol beer) I ever heard of, brewed by the Guinness brewery. The reason the beer is photographed on the shelf is that I didn't buy it but I do like this European way of packaging alcohol free beers in blue, it helps avoid disappointment. If you want a drink without alcohol, is is hard to beat Cola drinks and even that tastes better with white rum in it.

There are plenty more of these, I will post them when I get around to trying them.

No comments:

Post a Comment