If you know me or of me, you will know I like beer. Over the last few years I have been collecting photos of every new beer I have.
I now have over 2,000 individual beers photographed and have realised that many beers that I assumed I have photos of, I haven't.

This blog will be therefore be an account of my quest for new beers to photo and how I enjoyed them (or not).
My email is ralphgant@sky.com.

Friday 29 December 2017

Beers from our Whitby Trip

A few days after our trip to Barnard Castle we went to Whitby for a few days and I will log all the beers we had there. It was still September but we were away for Dot's holidays, as my mother was ill we were just taking short breaks close to home, so that we could get back if needed.

Whitby Brewery, Saltwick Nab from England

Whitby Brewery, Saltwick Nab, England

4.2% beep amber in colour with a nice head, malt aroma and a nice sweet toffee taste.

Springhead, Drop O' The Black Stuff from England

Springhead, Drop O' The Black Stuff, England

4.0% black in colour with a nice head, roast malt aroma and a malty liquorice, a nice bitter taste

Whitby Brewery, IPA from England

Whitby Brewery, IPA, England

5.2% gold in colour with a thin head, hop aroma and a fruity hop taste.

Yorkshire Brewery, Two Chefs Honey Beer from England

Yorkshire Brewery, Two Chefs Honey Beer, England

4.0% gold in colour with a thin head, slight honey aroma and a sweet honey taste.

Copper Dragon, Silver Myst from England

Copper Dragon, Silver Myst, England

4.0% gold colour with a good head, aroma is not like pils nor is the taste, it is a smooth and slightly sweet bitter.

Rudgate, Ruby Mild from England

Rudgate, Ruby Mild, England

4.4% deep ruby red colour with a good head, malt aroma, chocolate and toffee taste, a bit on the strong side for a mild it's more like a dunkel.

George Gale, Seafarers from England

George Gale, Seafarers, England

3.6% pale amber in colour with a good head, low aroma and not much to the taste but an ordinary bitter.

No comments:

Post a Comment