If you know me or of me, you will know I like beer. Over the last few years I have been collecting photos of every new beer I have.
I now have over 2,000 individual beers photographed and have realised that many beers that I assumed I have photos of, I haven't.

This blog will be therefore be an account of my quest for new beers to photo and how I enjoyed them (or not).
My email is ralphgant@sky.com.

Thursday 17 September 2020

Early September in York

Early in September we had a three night visit to York in the Van, most things were almost the same a usual. Other things were very different, and therefore the new beers I found, without mixing with too many other people, was very few. 

The only shop that I went in on our three day visit was a new beer shop, what a waste of time that was, small cans for well over £4.00, most over £5.00 and some beers were a lot more.

I will mention the couple of new beers I tried but will also cover what I really enjoyed drinking without thinking.

Peroni, Tradizione E Qualità from Italy

Peroni, Tradizione E Qualità, Italy Peroni, Tradizione E Qualità, Italy

4.7% gold in colour with a thin head, a malt aroma and taste.

Black Sheep, 54 Lager from England

Black Sheep, 54 Lager, England

5.4% pale gold in colour with a nice head, a malt aroma and a nice lager taste.

And what I drank for the rest of the time, was German, not new photos as I have had them all before. 

Schneider, Weisse TAP7 Unser Original from Germany

Schneider, Weisse TAP7 Unser Original , Germany Schneider, Weisse TAP7 Unser Original , Germany

5.4% cloudy brown colour (dark for a wheat beer, almost the colour of a dunkel weisse) with a thin head, nice banana aroma, taste is slightly bitter with some banana, it is good but a bit lacking in body (not sure I agree with that description anymore).

Weihenstephan, Hefe Weissbier,from Germany 

Weihenstephan, Hefe Weissbier, Germany Weihenstephan, Hefe Weissbier, Germany

5.4% cloudy pail yellow colour with a thin head, very good wheat beer aroma and taste. We had this in two of the drinking places we used. 


No comments:

Post a Comment