If you know me or of me, you will know I like beer. Over the last few years I have been collecting photos of every new beer I have.
I now have over 2,000 individual beers photographed and have realised that many beers that I assumed I have photos of, I haven't.

This blog will be therefore be an account of my quest for new beers to photo and how I enjoyed them (or not).
My email is ralphgant@sky.com.

Thursday 31 October 2013

Halloween 2013

I had to drop Dot off for a works leaving do, so I though I would pop into the pub for a beer, it is Halloween, so I got a pint of Hobgoblin.  I really like Hobgoblin but when I looked at my change I wondered if I had mislead some but no it really was £3.15, I do not get out much and no wonder.   I can get four for that on offer in the supermarket but the pub prices were not putting people off, there was a 45min wait for meals and all these people were drinking.

I bought a Bass next it was about £2.50 slightly better.   As I sat on my own, I kept hearing people at the bar asking for Fosters (which they do not have), what is wrong with the youth of today.

Reviewed before but here are the two beers

Wychwood, Hobgoblin from England


5.2% dark amber with a thin head, fruity hop aroma, nice creamy malt taste, very good beer and the beast of the bunch for Halloween.

Bass, Premium Ale


4.4% amber with a thin head, bass has never had a good smell and I find it best not to sniff it but the taste is very good, fruity, malty and caramel with slight bitterness.

Bass was once one of the biggest brewers in England, not just England, the world, and I have drunk Bass in bars in the USA and in Belgium. It is now owned by Anheuser-Busch InBev and brewed by Marston's.

No comments:

Post a Comment