If you know me or of me, you will know I like beer. Over the last few years I have been collecting photos of every new beer I have.
I now have over 2,000 individual beers photographed and have realised that many beers that I assumed I have photos of, I haven't.

This blog will be therefore be an account of my quest for new beers to photo and how I enjoyed them (or not).
My email is ralphgant@sky.com.

Wednesday 30 October 2013

Stables, Beers

As I mentioned the Stables Brewery in the last blog, I thought I would be a good idea to review all of their beers I have had. Every one I have had have been from the Sun Inn or the beer tent at Beamish museum.

Just a reminder. The Sun Inn, was moved to Beamish from Bishop Auckland in the 1970s, and the inside it is set in 1913. Most of the beers sold there are now brewed locally at the stables brewery at Beamish Hall.

The Sun Inn, Beamish

Stables, Beamish Burn Brown Ale from England

Stables, Beamish Burn Brown Ale, England

4.2% hazy amber colour with a good head, fruity malt aroma, bitter malt and hop taste.

Stables, Hetton Silver Band Hall Bitter from England

Stables? Hetton Silver Band Hall Bitter, England

4.0% hazy amber colour with a thin head, citrus hop aroma, bitter citrus hop taste.

Stables, Bobby Dazzler from England

Stables, Bobby Dazzler, England

4.2% pale gold colour with a good head, some chocolate in the aroma, a smooth beer slightly sweet with some citrus, just ok.

Stables, Old Miner Tommy from England

52 beers 3 - 01, Stables, Old Miner Tommy, England

3.7% pale gold colour with a thin head, very little aroma, it had a hoppy bitter taste with some citrus in there, good pale ale.

Stables, Beamish Hall Bitter from England

Stables, Beamish Hall Bitter, England

3.8% deep gold colour with a good head, not much aroma, average bitter taste.

Stables, Bell Tower from England 

Stables, Bell Tower, England

5.0% dark brown almost black colour with a thin head, burnt toffee aroma, burnt roasted malt taste. Had it with our picnic, over the road in the park sat by the bandstand. 

Stables, Silver Buckles from England

Week 52 - An52 Beers, Stables, Silver Buckles, England

4.4% light gold in colour with a thin head, slight hop aroma, citrus hop taste but slightly watery

Stables, Mahogany Drift Bitter from England

Stables, Mahogany Drift Bitter, England

3.8% amber colour with a good head, malt and hop aroma and a good bitter taste. One criticism though, the newly designed pump clips do not fit in with the rest of the pub.

Stables, Beamish Gold from England

Stables, Beamish Gold, England

4.8% review to follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment