If you know me or of me, you will know I like beer. Over the last few years I have been collecting photos of every new beer I have.
I now have over 2,000 individual beers photographed and have realised that many beers that I assumed I have photos of, I haven't.

This blog will be therefore be an account of my quest for new beers to photo and how I enjoyed them (or not).
My email is ralphgant@sky.com.

Wednesday 22 June 2011

Last Weekend

Had a busy weekend

Friday, in the Smiths with Trev and Pat as usual but for a change also had food in there, it was,  two main meals for £10, so we had sliced peppered beef with vegetables and home made chips. Unfortunately it was just the same old beers though.

Saturday, visit to Jonathan and Lorraine's for a BBQ, only it rained so we had it inside using the grill but it was very nice anyway. We did however have three new beers, although one was only a renamed beer and we also had a few old favorites.

I have already reviewed two of them Broughton, Greenmantle Ale and Tirril, Red Barn but the third one was,

Wychwood, Scarecrow from England
4.7% amber colour with a thin head, sweet caramel aroma, nice toffee and vanilla taste.
Apparently the export name for, Wychwood, Circlemaster, if it is the same beer, why did I like this and not the other.

Wychwood, Scarecrow, England

Sunday, Fathers Day, is there a better excuse to go to the pub, so after visiting my Man and Dot's Mam and Dad, we met up with Mick and Bren in the Fish, for a beer.  We had more that one and we also won the quiz, it was a good night.  There was also a beer that I had no photo for, even though I have had it before,

Camerons, Best Bitter from England
3.6% amber colour with a good head, sort of a weaker version of Strongarm but still very good.

52 beers 3 - 43, Camerons, Best Bitter, England

No comments:

Post a Comment