If you know me or of me, you will know I like beer. Over the last few years I have been collecting photos of every new beer I have.
I now have over 2,000 individual beers photographed and have realised that many beers that I assumed I have photos of, I haven't.

This blog will be therefore be an account of my quest for new beers to photo and how I enjoyed them (or not).
My email is ralphgant@sky.com.

Friday 2 December 2011

Black Beers/Stout

After the Negra Modelo, from Mexico, I am catching up on some Black Beer's/Stout's that I missed writing about in the last few weeks. First you should know, I am not keen on stout's, I do drink them but I prefer beer (well what the British call beer).

Hook Norton, Double Stout, from England

Hook Norton, Double Stout, England

4.8% black with a thin head, roast malt aroma, mildly bitter burnt malt taste, not bad.

Williams Bros, March of the Penguins, from Scotland

52 beers 4 - 06, Williams Bros, March of the Penguins, Scotland

4.9% black with a thin head, roast malt aroma and taste, a bit fizzy for a stout and I am not sure about anything from this brewer.

Wall's, Mild & Easy, from England

Wall's, Mild & Easy, England

3.8% dark brown colour with a good head, fruity malt aroma, watery bitter roast malt taste, not very good.

Traditional Scottish Ales, Glencoe Wild Oat Stout, from Scotland

Traditional Scottish Ales, Glencoe Wild Oat Stout, Scotland

4.5% black with a thin head, roast malt aroma, mild roast malt taste with hints of toffee and chocolate, nice beer.

No comments:

Post a Comment