If you know me or of me, you will know I like beer. Over the last few years I have been collecting photos of every new beer I have.
I now have over 2,000 individual beers photographed and have realised that many beers that I assumed I have photos of, I haven't.

This blog will be therefore be an account of my quest for new beers to photo and how I enjoyed them (or not).
My email is ralphgant@sky.com.

Sunday 20 January 2013

Christmas Beers from Japan +

First I have to say thanks to Joshua for the lovely Christmas present, thanks again Josh.

I have had a few beers from Japan, in fact Josh also brought me some back last year, so I will include them as well. I will start with the new ones though.

K’s Brewing, The Brewmaster Fukuoka Blonde Dry


5.0% gold colour wit ha nice head, sweet fruit and yeast aroma, bitter sweet Belgian blonde taste, best Japanese beer I have had to date.

From their web site,  The Brewmaster started as a handcraft microbrewery in Fukuoka, Kyushu Island in 2002.  Only a small brewery like us can create handcrafted, tasty and joyful beer-ale.

K’s Brewing, The Brewmaster Healing Time


5.0% black with a quickly dissipating head, bitter fruit aroma, fizzy bitter tart taste with a coffee after-taste.

K’s Brewing, The Brewmaster Amaou Noble Sweet


4.0% hazy pink colour with a nice head, bitter strawberry aroma, some strawberry in the sweet but tart taste. I let Dot drink this one.

Kirin, Classic Kirin Beer


4.5% gold colour with a very thin head, slightly sweet malt aroma, slightly sweet lager taste.

I may as well carry on with the rest of the Japanese beers I have tried.

Kirin, Ichiban


5.0% pale yellow colour with no head, sweet malt aroma, slightly sweet with a slight caramel taste. Although I have had the Japanese version, this one was brewed in England by Wells & Youngs.

Sapporo, Imported Premium Beer, aka, Draft Beer / Premium Beer

Sapporo, Imported Premium Beer, Japan (brewed in Canada)

5.0% pale yellow colour with no head, sweet malt aroma, slightly sweet with a slight orange taste.  As with the last one, this was not brewed in Japan but in Canada although again I have had the original.

Asahi, Super Dry

Asahi, Extra Dry, Japan

5.0%, pale yellow no head, not much aroma (what smell it did have reminded me of pub toilets), tastes like slightly sweet over carbonated mineral water but dry. I have read reports that state it is refreshing, well so is water and that costs less.

Asahi, Black (Kuronama)


5.0% dark brown colour with a thin head, roast malt aroma, roasted smoky malt taste, it was a lot better than their Super Dry.

No comments:

Post a Comment