If you know me or of me, you will know I like beer. Over the last few years I have been collecting photos of every new beer I have.
I now have over 2,000 individual beers photographed and have realised that many beers that I assumed I have photos of, I haven't.

This blog will be therefore be an account of my quest for new beers to photo and how I enjoyed them (or not).
My email is ralphgant@sky.com.

Thursday 21 March 2013

Birthday Trip Beers, Barnard Castle

Part two of the birthday trip beer reviews, I have done the blogs of the trips already so its about time I finished the beers.   See the links below for the trip blogs.

York Trip

Barnard Castle

This time I am doing the reviews in the order I had the beers.

Jennings, Cross Buttocks Ale from England


4.5% deep amber colour with a good head, malt aroma, smooth bitter malt taste. I like most Jennings beers and this one was very good, I had it in the The Coach and Horses.

Ringwood, Old Scrumper from England

Ringwood, Old Scrumper, England

4.0% amber colour with a good head, soapy phenolic aroma, dry bitter citrus hop taste, it was better than it sounds.  Another one I had in The Coach and Horses, I also had Hobgoblin and Banks Bitter in there.

Mithril, Route A66 from England

Mithril, Route A66, England

4.0% gold colour with a good head, citrus aroma, citrus hop taste. The A66 is a cross Pennine route, it runs from Grangetown east of Middlesbrough in North Yorkshire to Workington in Cumbria, Had this one and the rest in The Well Inn.

Wylam, Dognobbler from England

Wylam, Dognobbler, England

3.9% gold colour with a good head, malt aroma, citrus malt taste.

Mithril, Flower Power from England

Mithril, Flower Power, England

4.3% amber colour with a thin head, flowery hop and malt aroma, some caramel in the taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment