If you know me or of me, you will know I like beer. Over the last few years I have been collecting photos of every new beer I have.
I now have over 2,000 individual beers photographed and have realised that many beers that I assumed I have photos of, I haven't.

This blog will be therefore be an account of my quest for new beers to photo and how I enjoyed them (or not).
My email is ralphgant@sky.com.

Tuesday 19 March 2013

Birthday Trip Beers, York

Eventually getting round to doing the birthday trip beer reviews, I have done the blogs of the trips already so its about time I started. I have split it it to two, York first and then Barnard Castle as I did for the trips, see below.

York Trip

Barnard Castle

This time I am doing the reviews in the order I had the beers.

Wychwood, Usher's 1824 England England

Wychwood, Usher's 1824, England

3.6% amber colour with a good head, average bitter aroma and taste. Had this in The Swan, on a day I was not feeling too well, my birthday.

Saltaire, Blonde, England

Saltaire, Blonde, England

4.0% gold colour with a thin head, fruity aroma, citrus hops taste.  This wan was also in The Swan.

Little Valley, Cragg Vale Bitter, England

Little Valley, Cragg Vale Bitter, England

4.2% browny red colour with a good creamy head, malt aroma, smooth bitter malt taste. Had this in a pub we had not used before, The Snickleway Inn.

Wychwood, Dirty Tackle, England

Wychwood, Dirty Tackle, England

4..0% amber colour with a good head, sweet aroma, slightly sweet almond and vanilla taste. This one was in the The Postern Gate, I was told it had just gone on but when I went back for another it was off.

Copper Dragon, Silver Myst, England.

Copper Dragon, Silver Myst, England.

4.0% gold colour with a good head, aroma is not like pils nor is the taste, it is a smooth and slightly sweet bitter. From The Slip Inn.

Leeds, Leeds Pale, England

Leeds, Leeds Pale, England

3.8% gold colour with a good head, fruity hop aroma, citrus hop taste. Another one in The Slip Inn.

Leeds, Leeds Leodis, England

Leeds, Leeds Leodis, England

4.6% pale gold with a thin head, little aroma and average lager taste. And again The Slip Inn.

No comments:

Post a Comment