If you know me or of me, you will know I like beer. Over the last few years I have been collecting photos of every new beer I have.
I now have over 2,000 individual beers photographed and have realised that many beers that I assumed I have photos of, I haven't.

This blog will be therefore be an account of my quest for new beers to photo and how I enjoyed them (or not).
My email is ralphgant@sky.com.

Friday 31 January 2014

Well here we go

Well here we go, there was one beer I had the right before my trip away to York and two of the new beers I had in York the night before my stroke.

Stables, Mahogany Drift Bitter from England

52 beers 6 - 10, Stables, Mahogany Drift Bitter, England

3.8% amber colour with a good head, malt and hop aroma and a good bitter taste. Another beer from the pub at Beamish and another one that I would have again.

This was the one I had midweek before our trip away to York.  Now for the two I had in York, I am not too sure about them, its hard to remember but here goes.  Oh, I just remembered that I wrote it all down, some things are coming back to me very slowly.  I knew I was keeping track of the more resent beers but I had forgotten the stuff I did back then. 

Freeminer, YYZ from England

Freeminer, YYZ, England.

4.5% amber colour with a good head,it has a roast malt aroma and taste.  As I remember this was not too bad but as I had a stroke the morning after, we can only go on what I remember. 

Doctor Morton's, FamouS Horrable Skellington from England

Doctor Morton's, Famous Horrable Skellington, England

4.9% deep red to black colour with a good head, roast malt aroma and taste, very good beer.  I have had a couple of these beers before and they appear to be very nice and don't forget to read the label.

No comments:

Post a Comment