If you know me or of me, you will know I like beer. Over the last few years I have been collecting photos of every new beer I have.
I now have over 2,000 individual beers photographed and have realised that many beers that I assumed I have photos of, I haven't.

This blog will be therefore be an account of my quest for new beers to photo and how I enjoyed them (or not).
My email is ralphgant@sky.com.

Thursday 23 July 2015

Beers in Warwick, part one

Over the past couple of weeks we have been away on holiday, first in Warwick and then on to a cabin just outside Thirsk. I bought many beers while away but they are still in bottles to drink, so to start for now, I will cover the draught beers I had in Warwick and London.

Allsop Arms, Best Bitter from England

Allsop Arms, Best Bitter, England

3.9% amber colour with a good head, decent aroma and taste, not too bad. The Allsop Arms is pub in Marylebone London, not sure if this was a new beer or just a mock up.

Green King, Magna Carta from England

Green King, Magna Carta, England

5.0% amber colour with a nice head, fruity aroma and taste, not too bad, also from The Allsop Arms.

Church End, Goats Milk from England

Church End, Goats Milk, England

3.8% gold colour with a nice head, hoppy aroma and taste, I am a bit tired of all these hoppy beers.

North Cotswold, Shagweaver from England

North Cotswold, Shagweaver, England

4.5% gold colour with a nice head, I think that these hoppy beers are starting to get to me, it was just ok.

Byatt's, XK Dark from England

Byatt's, XK Dark, England

3.5% dark brown in colour with a nice head, fruity roasted malt aroma and a very similar taste.

Wood Farm, No. 8 from England

Wood Farm, No. 8, England

5.0% amber colour with a nice head, not much aroma, some fruit in the taste.

Wood Farm, Best Bitter from England

Wood Farm, Best Bitter, England

4.2% gold colour with a good head, pretty ordinary bitter but saying that not too bad.

More to follow from Warwick soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment