If you know me or of me, you will know I like beer. Over the last few years I have been collecting photos of every new beer I have.
I now have over 2,000 individual beers photographed and have realised that many beers that I assumed I have photos of, I haven't.

This blog will be therefore be an account of my quest for new beers to photo and how I enjoyed them (or not).
My email is ralphgant@sky.com.

Sunday 7 May 2017

A couple from Japan

These are my first Japanese beers since our Joshua finished working in Japan. One of these was good, the other one was bad. They came from Booths supermarket, a great place for beer buying, although there do not seem to be many of them about.

Hitachino Nest, Saison Du Japon from Japan

Hitachino Nest, Saison Du Japon, Japan Hitachino Nest, Saison Du Japon, Japan

5.0% yellow in colour with a thin head, bitter aroma and a foul acidic metallic taste, not good at all.

Hitachino Nest, White Ale from Japan

Hitachino Nest, White Ale, Japan Hitachino Nest, White Ale, Japan

5.5% cloudy gold in colour with a nice head, the aroma and taste where more like a French / Belgian wheat beer than a German one but very nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment