If you know me or of me, you will know I like beer. Over the last few years I have been collecting photos of every new beer I have.
I now have over 2,000 individual beers photographed and have realised that many beers that I assumed I have photos of, I haven't.

This blog will be therefore be an account of my quest for new beers to photo and how I enjoyed them (or not).
My email is ralphgant@sky.com.

Sunday 7 May 2017

Some from the Fish Beerfest in April

Here are the beers I missed from the Fish Beer Festival in April, there are quite a few but I will put them all on one blog. All of the beers are from the UK and most are local to the pub.

Allendale, GFPA Gluten Free IPA

Allendale, GFPA Gluten Free IPA, England

4.7% a hazy gold colour with a thin head, hoppy aroma and a fruity hop taste. This one was Gluten Free, but far too hoppy for me.

Allendale, American Brown Ale

Allendale, American Brown Ale, England

4.6% brown in colour with a good head, malty aroma and nice malty taste. This one was good.

Roundhill Brewery, Vegan Dark Ale

Roundhill Brewery, Vegan Dark Ale, England

5.2% dark red in colour with a nice head, fruity aroma and a sweet but nice taste, the vegan bit made no difference at all. This is a very local brewery to me and was nice to find.

Durham Brewery, Jaded Muse

Durham Brewery, Jaded Muse, England

4.4% amber in colour with a nice head, hoppy aroma and taste, not the best from Durham.

Bosun's, Down the Hatch

Bosun's, Down the Hatch, England

4.0% gold in colour with a nice head, malt and hops in the aroma and the taste was not dissimilar.

Blackhill, 70 Fathom

Blackhill, 70 Fathom, England

4.0% gold in colour with a thin head, herbal aroma, the taste was a bit fruity and not to hoppy

Blackhill, Jet

Blackhill, Jet, England

4.1% gold colour with a thin head, some fruit in the aroma and the taste was zesty, not too good.

Hilltop, Classic Bitter


Hilltop, Classic Bitter, England

3.9% amber in colour with a nice head, nice bitter aroma and taste, a good ordinary beer.

Yard of Ale Brew Co, Mochsta

Yard of Ale Brew Co, Mochsta, England

4.5% black in colour with a good head, coffee and malt aroma, the taste was of dark malt with some hops.

Yard of Ale Brew Co, Free the New World

Yard of Ale Brew Co, Free the New World, England

4.2% gold in colour with a nice head, malt and hop aroma, the taste was hops.

No comments:

Post a Comment