If you know me or of me, you will know I like beer. Over the last few years I have been collecting photos of every new beer I have.
I now have over 2,000 individual beers photographed and have realised that many beers that I assumed I have photos of, I haven't.

This blog will be therefore be an account of my quest for new beers to photo and how I enjoyed them (or not).
My email is ralphgant@sky.com.

Thursday 5 April 2018

Part One, Fishermans Arms Beer Fest, Easter 2018

The Fishermans Arms Beer Festival was on for all four days this Easter, unfortunately I could only make it there on the Sunday. The selection was very good and I liked most of them, the reason I have to do two blogs is the amount of beers I tried. The reason I could try so many in such a short time was by having 1/3 of pints, three at a time (as usual there), here is an old photo.

The Fish Beer Festival

On the Sunday when we where there, we joined in with the quiz with our Mick and Brenda and one or two others. Amazingly we won, although I have no idea what happened to the winnings.

Yard of Ale, Egg-stra Yard from England

Yard of Ale, Egg-stra Yard, England

4.5% gold in colour with a nice head, bit of a citrus aroma and a fruity taste.

Yard of Ale, Black as Owt from England

Yard of Ale, Black as Owt, England

4.2% black in colour with a good head, a nice smooth stout, I am enjoying some of these new stouts.

Durham, White Stout from England

Durham, White Stout, England

7.2% gold in colour with a good head, not much aroma and the taste was bitter and hoppy.

Taylor Illingworth, Cast House from England

Taylor Illingworth, Cast House, England

4.4% brown in colour with a good head, it had a nice aroma and taste a very good brown ale.

Back Wolf, ROK from Scotland

Back Wolf, ROK, Scotland

4.0% light amber in colour with a good head, not much aroma but a nice bitter taste.

Bradfield, Farmers Plum Bitter from England

Bradfield, Farmers Plum Bitter, England

4.4% amber in colour with a nice head, there was some sweetness in the aroma and taste but was it plumb? It was a decent bitter though.

Lord's, The Bandon Car from England

Lord's, The Bandon Car, England

4.8% dark brown in colour with a good head, another good porter/stout, sweet and slightly smoky malt taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment