If you know me or of me, you will know I like beer. Over the last few years I have been collecting photos of every new beer I have.
I now have over 2,000 individual beers photographed and have realised that many beers that I assumed I have photos of, I haven't.

This blog will be therefore be an account of my quest for new beers to photo and how I enjoyed them (or not).
My email is ralphgant@sky.com.

Sunday 2 February 2020

Last weekend in January 2020

This weekend was the opposite to last week, we did not get out on Friday but did on Saturday and we really went out, to a pub.

On Friday, Trev was going out we we just stayed in but I did have some new beers. One was a Christmas beer, which I will cover later with the rest of the remaining Christmas beers. The other two were not too bad though.

Ardwen, Biere Blanche from France

Ardwen, Biere Blanche, France Ardwen, Biere Blanche, France

4.5% cloudy yellow in colour with a very thin head, a french blanche aroma and a nice wheat beer taste. I did not realise it was a wheat beer so was pleasantly surprised by this one.

Ticketbrew, Pale Ale from England

Ticketbrew, Pale Ale, England Ticketbrew, Pale Ale, England

5.5% pale amber in colour with a thin head, a bland citrus aroma, a nice but slightly fizzy taste though.

On Saturday, we picked Jonathan and Lorraine up and drove to The Fox & Hounds in Neasham and got parked up very easily. Inside was very empty as well, I think there was about sixteen people in there twenty with us lot. Anyway the food was very good, so I do not know what was going on with the amount of people in there, there were only ten of us eating. By the time we had eaten and had another beer in the bar, there were only four in there as we left. As for the food, I had a parmo and it was quite reasonable, anyway for drinks I had what was left from Christmas. We also had one more beer back at Jonathan and Lorraine's on the way home.

Black Sheep, Blitzen from England

Black Sheep, Blitzen, England

4.9% ruby red in colour with a nice head, malt aroma, slight orange taste in there.

Gipsy Hill To Øl, Goober from England

Gipsy Hill To Øl, Goober, England

5.5% black in colour with a good head, coffee aroma and the taste is chocolate and licorice, very nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment