If you know me or of me, you will know I like beer. Over the last few years I have been collecting photos of every new beer I have.
I now have over 2,000 individual beers photographed and have realised that many beers that I assumed I have photos of, I haven't.

This blog will be therefore be an account of my quest for new beers to photo and how I enjoyed them (or not).
My email is ralphgant@sky.com.

Wednesday 1 April 2020

Beer, from before the Virus

During our trip away before the Coronavirus took hold, I did manage to have some new beers and some of them were very good indeed. I had all of these at Keswick Reach Lodge Retreat were we were for Dot's birthday. I did have more than this, after all we were there for a week but I will make a start here.

The first ones were all Hawkshead beers,

Hawkshead, Windermere Pale from England

Hawkshead, Windermere Pale, England Hawkshead, Windermere Pale, England

3.5% gold in colour with a thin head, some hopps in the aroma but the taste was quite good.

Hawkshead, Brodie's Prime Porter from England

Hawkshead, Brodie's Prime Porter, England Hawkshead, Brodie's Prime Porter, England

4.9% black in colour with a good head, a slightly sweet aroma, with a nice roasted toffee taste.

These are the only two new beers from Hawkshead I had but I did have another one from them, only I only have the old photo with the old label.

Hawkshead, Lakeland Gold from England

Hawkshead, Lakeland Gold, England Hawkshead, Lakeland Gold, England

4.4% dark gold colour with a good head, hop aroma and citrus hop taste, nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment