If you know me or of me, you will know I like beer. Over the last few years I have been collecting photos of every new beer I have.
I now have over 2,000 individual beers photographed and have realised that many beers that I assumed I have photos of, I haven't.

This blog will be therefore be an account of my quest for new beers to photo and how I enjoyed them (or not).
My email is ralphgant@sky.com.

Friday 15 January 2016

Black Sheep

After the Theakston's Brewery was sold in the 1980's, (although is went back to the family in the 2000's) in 1992 Paul Theakston established the Black Sheep Brewery in the old Lightfoot Brewery premises. What is amazing to me is that I have never covered the Black Sheep Brewery beers properly on here before, I have done some in the past but never all together. So here goes, some of the labels may have changed but these are the ones I have and it is rather a long list.

By the way I do not think that I have covered the Theakston's Brewery either, so that will have to follow.

Black Sheep, Black Sheep Ale from England

Black Sheep, Black Sheep Ale, England Black Sheep, Black Sheep Ale, England

4.4%, amber colour with a thin head, slight hop aroma, fairly bitter hoppy flavour, nice.

Black Sheep, Riggwelter from England

Black Sheep, Riggwelter, England

5.7% deep dark brown with a good head, strong but very nice dark Yorkshire ale.

Black Sheep, Golden Sheep from England

Black Sheep, Golden Sheep, England Black Sheep, Golden Sheep, England

4.7%, gold colour with a thin head, sweet citrus hop aroma, slight fruit and bitter hop taste, nice beer.

Black Sheep, Yorkshire Square Ale from England

Black Sheep, Yorkshire Square Ale, England

5.0% light amber with a thin head, malt aroma, dry citrus fruit and malt taste, very nice.

Black Sheep, Monty Pythons Holy Grail from England

Black Sheep, Monty Pythons Holy Grail, England Black Sheep, Monty Pythons Holy Grail, England

4.7% gold colour with a thin head, citrus hop aroma, bitter citrus hop taste, obviously named after the great Monty Python film.

Black Sheep, Emmerdale from England

Black Sheep, Emmerdale, England

4.2% gold colour with a thin head, slight malty aroma, tastes like a cheap bitter, a gimmicky beer, for tourists. Named after the fictitious dale, the setting for the long running soap, Emmerdale (formerly Emmerdale Farm).

Black Sheep, Velo from England

Black Sheep, Velo, England Black Sheep, Velo, England

4.2% clod colour with a nice head, hoppy aroma and fruity hop taste, not the best from Sheep but ok. it was produced for the Tour de France 2014.

Black Sheep, Ruddy Ram from England

52 beers 4 - 17, Black Sheep, Ruddy Ram, England

4.0% dark brown in colour with a good head, chocolate and coffee aroma, taste is similar but ever so slightly thin.

Black Sheep, Golden Sheep from England

Black Sheep, Golden Sheep, England Black Sheep, Golden Sheep, England

4.7%, gold colour with a thin head, sweet citrus hop aroma, slight fruit smooth bitter hop taste, nice beer.

Black Sheep, Blind Side from England

Black Sheep, Blind Side, England.

4.3% amber colour with a nice head, not much aroma but with a bitter woody taste.

There are more but they will have to wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment