If you know me or of me, you will know I like beer. Over the last few years I have been collecting photos of every new beer I have.
I now have over 2,000 individual beers photographed and have realised that many beers that I assumed I have photos of, I haven't.

This blog will be therefore be an account of my quest for new beers to photo and how I enjoyed them (or not).
My email is ralphgant@sky.com.

Friday 15 January 2016

Theakston's

The Theakston's Brewery was sold in the 1980's but it went back to the family in the 2004 and I just realised that I have not covered them before. So here is a list of the Theakston beers I have photos of, as with the last list, some of the labels may have changed.

Theakston, Lightfoot from England

Theakston, Lightfoot, England 52 beers 3 - 38, Theakston, Lightfoot, England

4.1% gold colour with a thin head, slight soapy aroma, dry sweet citrus taste, better than is sounds.

Theakston, Black Bull Bitter from England

Theakston, Black Bull Bitter, England

3.9%, amber colour with a very good head, malt aroma, very good bitter taste, very good bitter.

Theakston, Masham Glory from England


Theakston, Masham Glory, England Theakston, Masham Glory, England

4.7% amber in colour with a thin head, fruity aroma, dry mixed fruit and peel taste, like tasting a Christmas cake as you mix in the ingredients, as you can probably guess this was very good.

Theakston, Dark from England

52 beers 3 - 26, Theakston, Dark (Mild), England

3.5% black with a good head, malt aroma, roasted malt taste, not as watery as some milds but this was a smooth version.

Theakston, XB from England

Theakston, XB, England Theakston, XB, England

4.5% amber colour with a good head, sweet fruity aroma, fruity malt taste, quite nice (after trying so many poor beers since this, quite nice, means it was very good indeed).

Theakston, Old Peculier from England

Theakston, Old Peculier, England Theakston, Old Peculier, England

5.6% deep brown colour with a thin head, malt aroma, malty liquorish flavour, a very very good beer.

Theakston, Hogshead Bitter from England

Theakston, Hogshead Bitter, England Theakston, Hogshead Bitter, England

4.1% amber colour with a nice head, sweet malt and hop aroma, bitter caramel taste, nice.

Theakston, Distiller's Cask from England

Theakston, Distiller's Cask, England Theakston, Distiller's Cask, England

6.5% deep amber colour with a thin head, vanilla aroma, caramel malty sweetness with a hint of whisky.

Theakston, Best Bitter from England

Theakston, Best Bitter, England

3.8%. amber colour with a good head, malt aroma and bitter malt taste, a good standard English draught bitter.

No comments:

Post a Comment