If you know me or of me, you will know I like beer. Over the last few years I have been collecting photos of every new beer I have.
I now have over 2,000 individual beers photographed and have realised that many beers that I assumed I have photos of, I haven't.

This blog will be therefore be an account of my quest for new beers to photo and how I enjoyed them (or not).
My email is ralphgant@sky.com.

Saturday 7 January 2012

More Christmas Beers

Some more winter beers and after moaning about some Christmas beers not being very festive, these have made the effort.

Shepherd Neame, Christmas Ale 2008 and 2009 from England

Week 18-52 Beers, Shepherd Neame, Christmas Ale 2008, England  Shepherd Neame, Christmas Ale 2009, England

2009, 7.0%, deep amber with a thin head, fruity hoppy aroma, the taste which is warming, is sweet, fruity, hoppy and slightly caramel, much the same as last year's, a good Christmas Ale. I was not able to find the brew for 2010 or 2011.

Wychwood, Bah Humbug Christmas Cheer from England

Wychwood, Bah Humbug Christmas Cheer, England

5.0% very deep red with a thin head, festive aroma, sweet taste and the sweets could be Fruit Salads, also hints of Weight Watchers strawberry tart yogurt, a very good Christmas beer.

Meantime, Winter Time from England

Meantime, Winter Time, England

5.4% light brown colour with a good head, dark chocolate aroma, chocolate stout taste, a nice warming beer.

Fuller's, Old Winter Ale from England

Fuller's, Old Winter Ale, England

5.3% deep amber with a thin head, sweet malt aroma, fruity, roasted caramel flavour, a nice winter beer, that I had on one of the hottest days of the year. I would be nice to have one at Christmas time.

Erdinger, Schneeweisse Winterbier from Germany

Erdinger, Schneeweisse Winterbier, Germany

5.6% nice head, I could not really detect any difference from the classic Erdinger Weissbier but I didn't have one to compare, it was still good though, and anyway, Erdinger is one of my all-time favourites, it is gorgeous.

No comments:

Post a Comment