If you know me or of me, you will know I like beer. Over the last few years I have been collecting photos of every new beer I have.
I now have over 2,000 individual beers photographed and have realised that many beers that I assumed I have photos of, I haven't.

This blog will be therefore be an account of my quest for new beers to photo and how I enjoyed them (or not).
My email is ralphgant@sky.com.

Thursday 5 January 2012

Two Christmas Beers from Belgium

Now for two that do live up to the expectations, it is just coincidence that they both come from Belgium. I do have two or three good Christmas Beers from the UK and I will review them next. The first of the Belgian beers is possibly the best Christmas Beer I have ever had and the other is from Leffe and if you know me, you will know how much I like Leffe.

John Martin, Gordon Xmas from Belgium

John Martin, Gordon Xmas, Belgium

8.8% deep ruby red with a very thin head, roasted malt and port aroma, complex taste of roast malt, toffee, coffee, almost sweet sherry, very festive, like a Christmas party in your mouth. Absolutely loved it, the commercial description says "Created in the thirties, Gordon Xmas initiated the tradition of Christmas brews" I wish they were all this good.

But remember, just because I thought it was fantastic doesn't mean everyone will like it but in my opinion, if you are going to try a Xmas beer it should be different from the norm and taste festive.

Leffe, Bière de Noël from Belgium

52 beers 3 - 18, Leffe, Bière de Noël, Belgium

6.6% deep red colour with a thin head, the aroma is spicy and very fruity and it has a fruity Christmas taste, exactly what I wanted from a Christmas Beer.

No comments:

Post a Comment