If you know me or of me, you will know I like beer. Over the last few years I have been collecting photos of every new beer I have.
I now have over 2,000 individual beers photographed and have realised that many beers that I assumed I have photos of, I haven't.

This blog will be therefore be an account of my quest for new beers to photo and how I enjoyed them (or not).
My email is ralphgant@sky.com.

Thursday 24 March 2016

A few from Eastern Europe or Russia

I found a nice little shop in Ripon, North Yorkshire, with a few Eastern European beers for sale, well I bought a few and here are the results.

Aldaris, Gaišais from Latvia

Aldaris, Gaišais, Latvia Aldaris, Gaišais, Latvia

5.0% gold colour with a thin head, malt aroma, slightly sweet taste but not bad.

Aldaris, Zelta from Latvia

Aldaris, Zelta, Latvia Aldaris, Zelta, Latvia

5.2% golden colour with head that diminishes very quickly, slight sweet malt aroma, sweet malt taste, not good at all.

Heineken Slovensko, Zlatý Bažant from Slovak Republic

Heineken Slovensko, Zlatý Bažant, Slovak Republic

5.0% pale yellow in colour with no head at all, it had a sweet malt aroma and a quite nice dry taste.

Cesu Alus, Cēsu Premium from Latvia

Cesu Alus, Cēsu Premium, Latvia

5.2% gold in colour with a good head, some malt in the aroma and taste, doesn't sound good but it was better than most lagers sold in the UK.

Cmapblu Menbhuk Mrukoe from Russia

Cmapblu Menbhuk Mrukoe, Russia Onbekend, Cmapblu Menbhuk Mrukoe, Russia

4.3% gold in colour with a thin head, malt aroma with a mild but fizzy taste.

Zhigulevskoye, Helles Schankbier from Russia

Zhigulevskoye, Helles Schankbier, Russia Zhigulevskoye, Helles Schankbier, Russia

4.0% gold colour with a thin head, malt aroma, good taste not too fizzy quite a smooth beer.

Svyturys, Ekstra from Lithuania

Svyturys, Ekstra, Lithuania Svyturys, Ekstra, Lithuania

5.2% another beer that I thought this was going to be one of my "beer I would not buy again" photos but again I was wrong, it had plenty of taste but I will not rush out to buy another one.

No comments:

Post a Comment