If you know me or of me, you will know I like beer. Over the last few years I have been collecting photos of every new beer I have.
I now have over 2,000 individual beers photographed and have realised that many beers that I assumed I have photos of, I haven't.

This blog will be therefore be an account of my quest for new beers to photo and how I enjoyed them (or not).
My email is ralphgant@sky.com.

Wednesday 15 January 2020

Belgian, Christmas Beers 2019, Part One

I have started the Christmas Beers for England and Germany, so it's about time I started on the Belgian Beers. There is one difference with these beers though, the strength, the majority of the Belgian Christmas Beers seem to be very strong.

Grimbergen, Winter Hiver from Belgium

Grimbergen, Winter Hiver, Belgium Grimbergen, Winter Hiver, with Glass

6.5% brown in colour with a thin head, a deep sweet malt aroma and a sweet fruity christmas taste.

Schäff-Bräu, Altmühltaler Winterbier from Belgium

Schäff-Bräu, Altmühltaler Winterbier, Belgium Schäff-Bräu, Altmühltaler Winterbier, Belgium

5.8% deep gold in colour with a thin head, malty aroma and the taste wasn't that christmasy either.

St Bernardus, Christmas Ale from Belgium

St Bernardus, Christmas Ale, Belgium St Bernardus, Christmas Ale, Belgium

10.0% dark brown colour with a nice head, a fruity malt aroma and the taste was strong but nice.

Dubuisson, Bush de Noël from Belgium

Dubuisson, Bush de Noël, Belgium Dubuisson, Bush de Noël, Belgium

12.0% amber in colour with a poor head, sweet scented aroma, strong fizzy alcoholic taste

No comments:

Post a Comment