If you know me or of me, you will know I like beer. Over the last few years I have been collecting photos of every new beer I have.
I now have over 2,000 individual beers photographed and have realised that many beers that I assumed I have photos of, I haven't.

This blog will be therefore be an account of my quest for new beers to photo and how I enjoyed them (or not).
My email is ralphgant@sky.com.

Thursday 16 January 2020

Belgian, Christmas Beers 2019, Part Two

This is the second part of the Belgian Christmas Beers, there are a few Christmas Beers to do after this one but not meny.

La Binchoise, Spéciale Noël from Belgium

La Binchoise, Spéciale Noël, Belgium La Binchoise, Spéciale Noël, Belgium

8.5% cloudy amber in colour with no head, it had a sweet aroma and a strong sweet taste.

Haacht, Tongerlo Christmas from Belgium

Haacht, Tongerlo Christmas, Belgium Haacht, Tongerlo Christmas, Belgium

7.0% pale amber in colour with a thin head, a sweet caramel malt aroma, the taste is slightly sweet.

Brunehaut, Abbaye de Saint-Martin Cuvée de Noël from Belgium

Brunehaut, Abbaye de Saint-Martin Cuvée de Noël, Belgium Brunehaut, Abbaye de Saint-Martin Cuvée de Noël, Belgium

8.0% deep amber in colour with a thin head, fruity christmas cake aroma, slightly bitter fruit cake taste, another fabulous drink.

John Martin, Gordon Xmas from Belgium

John Martin, Gordon Xmas, Belgium John Martin, Gordon Xmas, Belgium

8.8% deep ruby red with a very thin head, roasted malt and port aroma, complex taste of roast malt, toffee, coffee, almost sweet sherry, very festive, like a Christmas party in your mouth. Absolutely loved it, the commercial description says "Created in the thirties, Gordon Xmas initiated the tradition of Christmas brews" I wish they were all this good.

But remember, just because I thought it was fantastic doesn't mean everyone will like it but in my opinion, if you are going to try a Xmas beer it should be different from the norm and taste festive.

No comments:

Post a Comment