If you know me or of me, you will know I like beer. Over the last few years I have been collecting photos of every new beer I have.
I now have over 2,000 individual beers photographed and have realised that many beers that I assumed I have photos of, I haven't.

This blog will be therefore be an account of my quest for new beers to photo and how I enjoyed them (or not).
My email is ralphgant@sky.com.

Sunday 12 January 2020

English, Christmas Beers 2019, Part Two

Following on from part one, next we have part two, again these are just the English Beers, remember we still have Germany and Belgium to come. Maybe move on to the German beers next.

Hogs Back, Advent Ale from England

Hogs Back, Advent Ale, England Hogs Back, Advent Ale, England

4.4% black in colour with no head, a fruity aroma and a fruity caramel malt taste.

Samuel Smith's, Winter Welcome Ale 2019/2020 from England

Samuel Smith's, Winter Welcome Ale 2019/2020, England Samuel Smith's, Winter Welcome Ale 2019/2020, England

6.0% deep amber in colour with a thin head, fruity malt aroma, slightly bitter with malt, toffee, fruit and hops taste. One of my favorites had it many times over the 30 years.

Hatherwood, Winter Special from England


Hatherwood, Winter Special, England Hatherwood, Winter Special, England

5.0% amber in colour with a poor head, it had a sweet spicy aroma, the taste was a sweet fruity enjoyable christmas drink.

Cotleigh, Red Nose Reinbeer from England

Cotleigh, Red Nose Reinbeer, England Cotleigh, Red Nose Reinbeer, England

5.0% deep amber in colour with a good head, a fruity toffee aroma and the taste was very similar.

Still more to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment